I am currently working with a client who has left her partner and is currently going through her divorce. She has engaged my services as most of my clients do to help support her in that process. Her solicitor is there to deal with the financial settlement and I am there to support her emotionally.
She said to me on our call yesterday, which I hear so often. Why I stayed:
• I thought I was the problem
• It was never the right time to leave
• I was too busy to notice how bad it was
• We have a lovely holiday last week, maybe it will be ok
• I was not sure I could survive on my own
• How would it affect my daughter
I then had a light bulb moment and thought just maybe it isn’t me, just maybe I am married to a narcissist and then I started reading about narcissists and identified YES he was a narcissist.
When I was behaving the way he wanted me to it was all ok, however when I said no or didn’t agree with his thought processing that was when there was difficulties in the relationship .
You are not alone if you are going through this, please don’t try to do this on your own we all need support and I am here to help you on that journey.