5 steps to increase your energy levels within a week
Let’s be honest, most of us struggle to have the right energy levels. Our energy tends to fluctuate throughout the day and/or week. We usually complain about not having enough energy to get us through our busy lifestyle. And winter and its dark days and cold temperatures doesn’t help.
Having consistently more energy is something that you can achieve within a week with these 5 simple steps.
- Start taking a good multivitamin and minerals. We all believe that we have a good diet, but are we getting enough of all the vitamins and minerals we need? With intensive farming, the soils are becoming depleted in the vitamins and minerals that we need to thrive. Look for a food-based vitamin with a high content in B vitamins, also called the ‘energy vitamins’: the body is better able to absorb and use these nutrients. This is a quick fix, so you need to address the following points as well
- Make time to have a good night’s sleep. Energy is directly linked to the quality of your sleep. Are you getting your 7-8 hours of sleep consistently? At the same time every night? Do you sleep in a cool room which is also pitch dark and quiet? All these factors have an impact on the quality of your sleep and how refreshed you wake up each day.
- Get organised. The stress of a long To Do list may be enough to drain your energy alone. By getting organised and planning a manageable week, you make sure to reduce your stress levels, and as such keep your energy high.
- concentrate on eating low glycaemic index (GI) foods – that’s mainly fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as meat, fish, beans and pulses. Stay away as much as possible from the processed foods. A low GI diet will help you keep your sugar level steady and typically prevent from having the rollercoaster of very high and very low energy levels with a couple of hours.
- Keep hydrated. Most people don’t realise that their lack of energy levels is the direct result of dehydration. Do you drink adequately (i.e. is your urine a pale yellow)? If not just add more water throughout the day. It should take you only a couple of days to feel the difference
Are you ready to the challenge, and check if these 5 tips alone can make a difference?